First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Potential Alternatives (2)
- Make the IDL normative, and allow alternate ABI conformance vehicles
Pros/Cons of each
- UNO cons: Specific to OpenOffice/StarOffice.
- UNO pros: shipped by most distros, mature, meets criteria. Performant, and supports IDL compilation. Could be drop-in replacement.
- 'Many worlds' cons: Novel approach. Short-term path would retain at-spi dependencies.
- 'Many worlds' pros: allows short-term adoption of existing implementations, while being future-proof